Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Violin Week 2 - Lesson 1

Oops I forgot to post yesterday.  Anyway...

Whoa!! Despite the fact that (in my opinion) Jennings still often sounds like a group of tiny mice being tortured by Sauron's hordes in MORDOR WHERE THE SHADOWS ARE.... my teacher claims I am still doing well.  I have now moved on to the next challenge:  Lightly Row and ... uh... I forgot the name of the other piece.   "TRIFLES" you might say to me when I tell you these are my current nemesis, but I beg to differ.  Unlike Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Lightly Row requires several different string crossings and finger changes ALL AT ONCE.  And the other one ... May Song? ... is even worse!  At the end of my lesson, I felt as though I might start drooling over Jennings' F-holes and go cross-eyed.  

Maybe I will make a video of myself playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star just to make myself feel better.  And also so that you might observe my successes before I subject you to Jennings screeches of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment