Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Promise I am alive.

Hello hello.  Yes, I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the planet.  I am just suddenly learning what it means to have a full(er) schedule and what a headache it is.  I am also butting my head up against the Dallas Community College system and losing miserably, mostly because I just don't have the time or patience left to deal with them at the moment.  Anyway, there might be a hiatus lesson-wise ... but hopefully not.

My husband claims that I continue to sound better.  I haven't figured that out yet, but I am trying to accept this new status of being a violinist that, if not at all good or skilled yet, at least I am not causing other people pain.  Even Moses (my giant orange tomcat) has begun remaining in the room while I play.  For awhile, both cats would very quickly vacate the moment they heard the bow touch the strings.  I don't blame them.  Much.  A DOG WOULD STAY HE TOTALLY WOULD.  Not bitter.

Anyway so here we go... I owe you guys some videos.  I will play (attempt to play) 3 songs today.  I hope that you will not have to wear earmuffs, but if you do... don't tell me.  Working on the confidence thing.

EDIT: Ok it was going to be three videos... I will upload the third one later.  Upload is taking too long :P

First video:  Song of the Wind


It is just as true for violin as it is for piano... when you practice it sounds pretty good and then if a camera or a person is in front of you, everything immediately sounds like poo.

Video #2:  Go Tell Aunt Rhody


1 comment:

  1. This is great, Karen!! I love it! Keep it up. You'll love to come back to these first posts after a few months to see how far you've come. It's really helped keep me motivated in my running. Great work!

    ReplyDelete